Cycling Cruise Passau - Hungary with Puszta
The Danube on the MS Primadonna from 939 €
Séjour & parcours
Experience the highlights of the Austrian, Slovakian and Hungarian Danube on your Cycling Cruise Passau - Hungary with Puszta. You will cross landscapes worth seeing on your journey to Budapest; the Machland stands for vegetables, the Wachau for wine and the Puszta for paprika. Impressive cities and towns like Budapest, Bratislava, Esztergom and Baja want to be discovered by you, while the MS Primadonna offers the basis for a comfortable and enjoyable cycling vacation. Here you can find information about the 4*S ship MS Primadonna.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau and sail by night
Enjoy the mediterranean flair of the historic city center, spreading picturesquely between the Danube, Inn and Ilz rivers. Embarkation at 4:30p.m., departure around 6p.m., the Schlögener Schlinge passed at about 9:30p.m.
Day 2 Ybbs - Dürnstein, 54 km/34mi, sail by night
The first bike tour takes you through the Niebelungengau to the famous Melk Monastery and through the Wachau with famous wine-growing villages such as Spitz, Weißenkirchen and Dürnstein.
Day 3 Komárno - Štúrovo/Esztergom, 56 km/35mi, sail by night
On the Slovakian side you cycle along the Danube. You will pass by beautiful sandy beaches and swimming opportunities. In Esztergom the visit of the cathedral is worthwhile.
Day 4 Baja - Kalocsa, 49 km/30mi, sail in the evening
Today's bike tour leads from Baja, the farthest place of your trip, through the Puszta, which is the world's largest center of paprika cultivation here. The destination is the bishop's town of Kalocsa, whose bishop's palace houses the most important Hungarian library.
Day 5 Budapest, 22 or 52 km/14 or 32mi, sail by night
Explore the Hungarian capital on your own or book one of the excursions on board. Alternatively, you can cycle to the artist town of Szentendre.
Day 6 Šamorín - Bratislava, 24-72 km/15-45mi, sail by night
Along the Danube, you will travel to the center of Bratislava. Explore the Slovak capital on your own or book one of the excursions on board. Alternatively, you can cycle to the magnificent Hof Castle.
Day 7 Grein - Linz, 62 km/39mi, sail by night
Today you cross the wide plain of the Machland. Four castles, the Celtic village near Mitterkirchen and Lake Pleschingen are on today's tour.
Day 8 Passau and departure
Your cycling cruise Passau - Hungary with Puszta ends around 10 a.m. in Passau.
Prix & dates
Here are the details on MS Primadonna.
Included in your package "Cycling Cruise Passau - Hungary with Puszta":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 x packed lunches or three-course meals aboard
- 7 x dinner, four-course meals
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- daily midnight snack
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- 2 x hydrojet massage/kabin
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- transfer there/back to the landing stage
- optional tour package
- optional rental bike
- optional parking space
- outside cabins on the main deck, approx. 11,5 sqm/124 sq ft (aft ECO 9,5 sqm/102 sq ft), window can’t be opened
- outside cabins on the upper and promenade deck, approx. 16,5 sqm/178 sq ft, with balcony, desk and sofa or 2 armchairs
- Multiple bed occupancy:
Main deck: (except aft) up to max. 4 pers., bunk beds/folding upper beds.
Upper deck: occupancy up to max. 3 pers. (90 cm x 2 m single bed)
- Guided tour Cathedral and Bishop's Palace Kalocsa
- City tour Budapest
- City tour Bratislava
- Concert Bruckner Organ Linz (min. 20 persons)
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or 21-gears and freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
- If you choose to wear a helmet, we recommend using your own due to the variety of head sizes and shapes and for hygienic reasons.
Travel time 2024:
- Arrival on fridays
31.05. + 19.07. + 23.08
- Minimum number of participants: 100. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 3 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
|2-bed cabin aft|
bed + sofa bed
|2-bed cabin||1689 €||1789 €|
|main deck cabin ECO|
|+ 25 %|
|other main deck cabins|
|+ 50 %|
|+ 75 %|
|main deck cabin reduction|
3rd and 4th person
|-6 y 100% / -12 y 75 %|
from 12 y 50 %
|upper deck cabin reduction|
|-6 y 100% / -12 y 75 %|
from 12 y 50 %
|Discount 2 children in|
separate adjacent cabin
|- 25 %|
|rental bike||90 €|
|private bikes||without surcharge|
|excursion package||65 €|
|parking Passau||65 €|
- Please book additional services such as excursion package at the same time. Some excursions can be booked later on board depending on availability.
- booking code "Cycling Cruise Passau - Hungary with Puszta":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Arrival to "Cycling Cruise Passau - Hungary with Puszta":
Parking in Passau:
fenced-in outdoor area, unguarded
includes transfers to/from the ship´s landing stage
Departure approx. 4pm
Arrival in Passau via train:
Transfer to the ship's landing stage included, departure approx. 5pm
alternatively by bus no. 1 or 3, departure at bus station (ZOB)
price per person: approx. 3 €
or by cab, price approx. 15 €
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. 30 €
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 100-150 €
You can always take your own bike with you. Please note, however, that your bike will be loaded twice a day with many others on and off the ship and damage can not be ruled out. A liability for this can not be assumed. We advise you to book one of the good rental bikes.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.